Important announcement

Important announcement

by David Hewlett -
Number of replies: 0

From the Principal

Please read the announcement (below) from our President of Governors.  As I can't think of a better place to work than at Queen's the decision I have come to has not been easy.  But I am entirely confident about two things: first, that this is the right decision for me personally; second, that Queen's will be in very safe and competent hands during a time of transition.  Change involves both loss and gain, so please pray for those who bear the most burden of this and for me as I learn to let go gracefully!  

David

From the President of Governors

The Principal of the Queen’s Foundation, Birmingham, the Revd Canon Dr David Hewlett, has recently announced that he is planning to retire at the end of the current academic year in the summer of 2020, after 17 years of distinguished service and outstanding commitment to the Foundation and the Churches it serves. The Governors of the Foundation have been working with its Leadership Team to plan for the appointment of a successor and ensure a smooth transition. We expect to be recruiting to the post of Principal before Easter 2020 in the hope that the person appointed will take up the role on 1st September 2020. In the meantime, we wish David well for the remainder of this year and as he plans for his retirement.

The Revd Kenneth G Howcroft

President of the Governing Body