Common Awards Student Conference
The 2016 Common Awards Student Conference 19-21 July. The 2016 Common Awards Student conference will start with lunch at 1pm on Tuesday 19 July, and conclude with lunch at 1pm on Thursday 21 July. The conference will be held at the College of St Hild and St Bede, Durham University: https://www.dur.ac.uk/hild-bede/ The theme of the conference this year is Jesus.The aim of the conference is to bring together students studying on Common Awards courses from across the country, to join together in discussion and worship, and to hear from leading theologians, biblical scholars and speakers working in mission and ministry.
We are looking for volunteer students:
- with an interest in exploring ways to link academic study with ministry in practice
- who are enthusiastic about giving the Common Awards student body a voice in the planning and leading of student events
- who are studying on a Common Awards course in 2015/16 and will be studying on a Common Awards course next year (2016/17), enabling them to feed into the planning and preparation of events for next academic year, including the 2017 conference
- who will be available for the 2016 Student Conference on 19th-21st July in Durham (all expenses will be covered)
- who could attend a one-day planning meeting in Durham this June (all expenses will be covered and overnight accommodation can be provided); the day will include training in facilitating small group discussion
What will the role involve:
- At the 2016 conference: introducing speakers, helping to facilitate small groups, planning and leading worship and prayer
- Acting as a consultation group for the planning of future events, including the 2017 conference
You will be fully supported in all aspects of this role by the Common Awards team in Durham. Each volunteer will receive a £30 book token.
To apply: Please submit a one-page CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to take on this role. These should be emailed to Dr Frances Clemson at email@example.com - The deadline for volunteer applications is Friday 29th April.
Dr Frances Clemson
Lecturer in Theology and Ministry
Department of Theology and Religion
(+44)191 334 3949