Staff Appointment

Staff Appointment

by David Hewlett -
Number of replies: 0

To all students at Queen's

I am pleased to announce that Helen Cameron has been appointed as the next Assistant Secretary to the Conference of the Methodist Church.  Her appointment will be announced formally today by the Church but I wanted you to know more directly.  Helen will be leaving Queen’s in the summer but over the next few months will begin to shadow her predecessor.  The Assistant Secretary to the Conference is a senior position in the life of the Church, serving and resourcing its governing body and its committees and working as a member of the senior leadership group with other Connexional officers.  Helen will have a particular responsibility for matters of oversight in relation to the ordained.

Helen’s appointment recognises her many gifts and skills, perhaps especially in the work she has led at Queen’s over the last 8 years as Oversight Tutor with Responsibility and co-director of the Centre for Ministerial Formation.  While we will find it difficult to replace her I am glad that her experience and expertise will be at the service of the whole Church and that she will bring her influence to bear on the future direction and strategy of the Church.  I am sure you will want to hold Helen and her family in your prayers as she prepares to make this transition to a new role.

With best wishes

David Hewlett