News from Queens

News from Queens

by David Hewlett -
Number of replies: 0

The Revd Dr Andrea Russell will be leaving the Queen's Foundation at Christmas to take up the post of Deputy Director of Mission (Formation for Ministry) in the Diocese of Oxford. This is a post that brings together all of Andrea's interests and commitments in theological education and formation and which gives her an opportunity to shape the strategy of one of the most prominent Dioceses of the Church of England. The Diocese wants to continue and develop strategic and creative thinking and recognise in Andrea the qualities and skills they need. I know you will want to congratulate Andrea and I also know how much she will miss Queen's – and Queen’s will miss her!

Andrea says, ‘This was a really difficult decision. I have had an amazing time at Queen’s and was particularly looking forward to working with Clive Marsh as the new Principal. But, the Oxford role drew me in and I am excited to be joining a great team and looking forward to the future and this new adventure.’

Please keep her in your prayers as she begins to prepare for her new role and for colleagues at Queen's as they consider a new appointment.