Week of Prayer for Christian Unity

Week of Prayer for Christian Unity

by David Hewlett -
Number of replies: 0

I hope that Christmas was a time of blessing and that the New Year is full of promise and hope. 

This notice is most relevant to those who worship in the college chapel on Tuesday or Wednesday evening during the week of Prayer for Christian Unity (i.e. the 19th or 20th January) but I hope all who are connected with Queen's will read it and be renewed in their faith from the practice of covenanting.  Those who gather in chapel at Queen's on these evenings will be sharing in our annual covenant and covenanting service and you need to prepare for the service.  The attached document will help you to do so.  It contains, first, the covenant prayer that you are invited to pray, which renews our response to God's covenant commitment to us.  To pray this with integrity requires self-examination and preparation.  Second, the document contains words of commitment that you are invited to make as we seek to faithfully, obediently and creatively to live in God's unity.  Again, to say this with integrity requires careful preparation.

If you are not going to be in chapel at Queen's you may wish to use these prayers and promises in other ways - at other times/places where you gather or in your personal prayers.

In whatever way you participate in this I trust that it will enable our faith and life to be renewed.

David Hewlett