Study skills workshops: 2023-24

Study skills workshops: 2023-24

by Jen Smith -
Number of replies: 0

As the new academic year begins, in combination with the resources available on Moodle, I invite you to sign up to participate in Queen's study skills workshops (available online and on campus). 

Click here for dates and booking.

This year's offering includes:

Introduction to theological writing

What is 'theological writing'? Surely, it's just writing about theology? Come and find out! Whether you're an experienced writer or new to Higher Education settings, join a conversation about what it means to approach theological education holistically ... and pick up some practical skills on how to do it in the process!

Introduction to theological referencing (*** New, this year!)

How do I include other people's ideas in my own writing? What is a footnote? When do I need quotation marks and which resources do I include in a bibliography? Find answers to all these questions and more! 

Developing critical thinking

Have you ever received assignment feedback suggesting that you develop your critical thinking or highlighting that your work is ‘more descriptive than analytical’? This session will give you a range of practical hints and tips on how to engage with theological topics and questions accurately and analytically. 

A practical guide to assignment planning and structuring

Not a natural planner? Know that you need to plan your assignments more thoroughly but don’t know where to start? Join this workshop where we’ll explore a range of options of how to plan and structure your writing; how to then use your plan to write your assignment and finally, how to improve your first draft towards a completed, final assignment.

Please get in touch if you have any questions. 

Jen Smith

smithj@queens.ac.uk