Queen’s Foundation Celebration Event: Saturday 11th June 2022

Queen’s Foundation Celebration Event: Saturday 11th June 2022

by Katie Cooper -
Number of replies: 0

From the Principal, Clive Marsh

To: All Current Queen’s (Non-Leaving) Students!

I am writing to you as a current Queen’s student to invite you and one guest to join in the celebration of the end of the year 2021-22 at our Foundation Celebration Event. I am sorry it has taken so long for this invitation to reach you, but we have needed to issue invitations in ‘waves’ over recent weeks to ensure that there is enough space for all those who want to be there. We would be delighted if you were able to be present.

You are welcome to arrive any time from 11.00 in preparation for the service of Celebration, and to stay for as much of day as you wish. Refreshments will be available through to 11.30. We ask you to be seated ready for the service by 11.50 at the latest.

The timetable for the day will be as follows:      

12.00   Service of Celebration and Thanksgiving for the year 

1.15     Celebration meal

2.30     Formal group photographs

3.00     Presentation of Certificates and gifts

Formal events will finish around 4.30 pm. Informal celebrations may continue in the Marquee or Common Room for as long as desired! 

I would be grateful if you could sign up for the event via Eventbrite by 12.00pm(midday) on Thursday 2nd June. Please use this link:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-queens-foundation-celebration-event-tickets-332699772977

You will be able to indicate any special dietary or access requirements when booking.

One final note: we shall, of course, need staff and students to act as stewards on the day – to distribute orders of service and information sheets, to show people to their seats etc.. If you are happy to volunteer to play such a role then, in addition to booking in for your meal, please do send an email message to Katie Cooper (registrymanager@queens.ac.uk) to let her know that you’re ‘happy to help’. Many thanks.

With best wishes

Clive